Grow your Pinterest Followers from Your Blog
UPDATE: After a year, this blog hop has now been discontinued. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I’d still welcome connecting with you on Pinterest though, since you’ve taken the time to visit my site. Please follow me, then send me a message through Pinterest so I’ll be sure to follow you back. Of course, you’re also invited to take a look around while you’re here, and connect with me on social media 🙂
If you’re using Pinterest for business, then you already know it ‘takes a village’ to really grow your niche following.
You can link to a specific pin in a post on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+ until the cows come home, but you’re more likely to get likes and repins, than people who actually follow all of your boards.
However, when you write a blog post related to Pinterest and put that on your social networks, your fans, followers and connections are likely to read and share what you have to say.
People are still learning how to use Pinterest, so any information you can offer that helps the cause, gets a fair amount of attention.
To grow your brand on Pinterest, you need lots of people to follow you, and you need to be following lots of people. Chances are whoever reads your blog post about Pinterest is already using the platform themselves.
Like you, they’re looking for new people to follow, and to get followed back. If you could give them that opportunity while they’re on your site, you’d be providing a ton of value.
How to Join the Pinterest Blog Hop
I’ve found a way to make it easier for all of us to discover new people to follow, and for them to discover us. It’s something you can add directly to your blog, which will also boost your on-site engagement.
The steps are as easy as 1, 2, 3. To join in this Pinterest Blog Hop, just:
- Go to the end of this post where it says ‘You’re next. Click here to enter’ You’ll be able to add your Pinterest profile information on the next page, which will open in a new window.
To also share the Pinterest Blog Hop on your site:
- After you’re done, follow the link to ‘grab the code’, which you can then embed in your own blog. Save the code in Notepad or some other text editor for future use.
- When you write your next Pinterest post, add the code in your blog’s HTML editor where you want it to appear.
That’s it. Once you publish your post with the code, everyone who adds their info to this site’s linky list, will also show up on your blog. As your visitors add their Pinterest info, the list updates on your blog, my blog, and other blogs sharing the same code. I’ve made the list random, so we all get equal exposure.
Two quick notes:
- On the submission form, link it to your Pinterest URL – http://pinterest.com/YourPinterestUsername/
- It’s best to upload the same image you use for your Pinterest profile directly from your computer. It should not be larger than 120 x 120 pixels. Choose the option ‘let me crop my own image’ and ‘from file’
So welcome to the Blog Hop! Get more visibility for your brand by entering your information below. Hope you’ll get to meet lots of new people, visit great boards and gain a bunch of new followers as the Hop gets shared across our networks. Be sure to pass the word, and of course, have fun! Oh – Don’t forget to follow all my boards on Pinterest too – I’m at pinterest.com/bizcoachdawn 🙂
FYI: Adding the Blog Hop code to your site is optional. My primary goal here is for us to connect on Pinterest. That said, feel free to add your profile information – it only takes a few minutes.
Do you have friends or fans on Facebook who can benefit from the Pinterest Blog Hop?
Are you active on Twitter? I’d appreciate it if you’d Tweet This
Do you like this idea? Let me know what you think. Thanks for visiting!
Written By Dawn Lanier
Latest posts by Dawn Lanier (see all)
- How to Bookmark and Save Facebook Posts – 2 Easy Ways to Do It - September 17, 2014
- Give Your Audience What They Want - April 9, 2014
- The Ultimate Pinterest ‘How To’ Guide for Business Owners - February 26, 2014